Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Nerd

I have always been facinated with the British royal family.  It started with the investiture of Prince Charles receiving the title of Prince of Wales in 1969.  The carriage, the family, the formality - I was hooked.  After that, I memorized the royal lineage (which I need a refresher course) and read what I could find about them.

Got up early to watch the weddings of Princess Anne, Prince Charles and Diana, Prince Andrew and Sarah.  Was sad when the marriages ended.  The excitement when William and Harry were born and watching them grow up.  Cried the day when Princess Diana died and watching her funeral procession.

Now the excitement with the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.  I will continue the tradition of getting up early, bleary eyed with my cup of tea.  I can't wait!

Yes, I am a royal nerd.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nothing wrong with that! I wish I could stay home and watch it :)

Ramblin' Fran said...

I need to go to work that morning, but will hopefully have the afternoon off.