Sunday, February 14, 2010

Places I've Lived

I was reading on another blog a list of places this person lived so far. Here is my list, but is not extensive as hers.

1. My mother's womb

2. An apartment in Union City, NJ. Don't remember much about this place, was just a babe. It was in the 1950s.

3. Willow Avenue in Hoboken, NJ. I remember this apartment as a railroad flat. The kitchen was at the entrance with the bathroom off of it, the next room was my parents room, then the bedroom for the four of us then the living room. (Mom, if I am wrong, just let me know). We lived there from ??-1963.

4. Hazlet, NJ. This is the home my parents purchased in 1963, raised four children with one bathroom and we all survived. They still live there and the family visits just about every Sunday, except me. Snoopy, Wilma, (dogs)Perdy, Rima and Pumpkin (cats) also lived there. Lived there from 1963-1984, with two brief move outs.

5. Bremerhaven, Germany- October 1980 -January 1981. I moved to Germany to seek work and adventure. I was living with my grandmother for the interim. Moved back to Hazlet, NJ, because I missed my family and friends.

6. Manasquan, NJ-May 1981-May 1982. Several of us rented a beach house for the summer, three block from the ocean. It was an experience of another lifetime. After the summer, my sister and I rented an apartment which we survived on grilled cheese sandwiches. It was nice apartment, with a crazy lady living downstairs.

7. First Street in Keyport, NJ. This is the home of Bill's parents and lived there for three months after we were married in 1984. 'Nough said.

8. Scheri Lane in Eatowntown, NJ. We lived in a 12x55 mobile home which we purchased in April 1984. It was home in a trailer park. This was nice place to live for a young married couple and this was Karen's first home. It was a great investment for us and we sold it for a good profit. Whenever I visit NJ and in the area, we drive past it just to look. The park has deteriorated and the trailer has not been kept nice.

9. JT Luther Drive, Fort Worth, TX. This is the two bedroom apartment (affectionately known as the flat-tops) when we moved to Fort Worth for Bill to go to seminary. All utilities were included and located in the Student Village of SWBTS. Made a lot of great friends and have fond memories living there. This was from 1987-1992.

10. William Fleming Court, Fort Worth, TX. We moved to the townhouses in the student village because I wanted my own washing machine and a little bigger place. They were really nice for the three of us, but the train was awfully noisey. We lived there from 1992-1997.

11. Garden Springs Development in Fort Worth, TX. I did not place the street address for security reasons. We moved to our four bedroom home October 31, 1997. We purchased this home because we had to move out of the Student Village because Bill got a career job at the seminary (now you can still live there as student with a career job). This has been a great place to live for the past 12 1/2 years. Karen was 13 when we moved. We had a black cat named Donny, who had to leave us because of Bill's allergies. Chance and Toffee are the puppies with us now. We have decorated the house the way we want it and there are some improvements that need to be made, as usual with homeownership. We are truly, truly, blessed to have our home and hope to stay put for awhile.

No comments: